Thursday, October 23, 2008

National Novel Writing Month Just Days Away!

Well, I've committed to joining the NaNoWriMo contest once again. The last time I entered was 2003 and I didn't come close to achieving 50,000 words---I accumulated only a meager 7238 words. I consoled myself that I was doing the single parenting thing (Gregg was TAD for the entire month), I had two small children under the age of 5, and I was working full-time. But. Those are just excuses.

If you're seriously considering the NaNoWriMo, read How Not To Write's post on NaNoWriMo. He gives very good advice and, as a nurse, I must endorse his use of the 12-step plan.

Now all I have to do is find some good Chamorro buddies to keep me honest! Oh, if you can't write or can't commit, consider donating. Literacy is so important---for your health, for your career, for your spirit. Now, go get your word on!