Friday, August 3, 2007

Everyone is Back!

This is a late post because it has been a very busy week. Gregg, Anna, and Drew got back from Tennessee on Friday, 27 July. They had a great time and I wished I could have gotten the time off from work. They had only a few days of early retiring and early awakening before adjusting to Guam time. Gregg was happy to find Miss Hobbs gone (and she is doing very well at Mom's place, although she was distressed to find other cats living there). Anna and Drew were very excited to learn that Mackenzie, Samantha, Emily, and John would be returning in a few days from New York.

I thought I would have accomplished more while they were gone, but after a week, I was ready for them to return. I felt aimless without them. I talked with Mike next door and we agreed that families give us a reason to come home.

"It's just like magic. When you live by yourself, all your annoying habits are gone!"

- Merrill Markoe, What the Dogs Have Taught Me