Thursday, August 16, 2007

Body For Life

I have thought long and hard about whether I wanted to post the following story on our blog. See, for the past 12 weeks, I have been deeply involved in a special project that has radically changed my physical appearance, and in doing so, has also had a dramatic positive affect on my inner self as well.

So, what is this special project? It's called Body For Life. It is a comprehensive exercise and diet program targeted at those who have fallen out-of-shape, grown overweight, eaten too many fatty foods and added too much cholesterol to their diet, and otherwise let themselves go. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to make a positive change in their appearance and their health. It has changed my life - and I mean that.

Don't believe me? Just take a look at the picture below (click on the picture for a larger photo).

The real change is in the statistics, though. In 12 weeks, I have taken 3 and 1/2 inches off my waistline (35.5 to 32), lost 11.5 lbs, lowered my body fat percentage from 22.2% to 14.0%, dropped my cholesterol from 296 to 253, triglycerides from 296 to 176, lowered my VLDLs from 58 to 35, and taken 2 minutes off my 1.5 mile run time (13:55 to 11:50).

I have just submitted my final picture and stats. I'll keep you posted on how I do in the competition.