Tuesday, July 3, 2007

How To Be Unhappy

I found myself thinking ill of one of my co-workers and almost ready to talk to someone about it. Fortunately, the little angel that sits on my shoulder did some submission grappling with the devil on the other side and I was able to ask myself why I was thinking this, what I would receive from gossiping to someone else about this, and how others listening in would perceive me. I am so grateful to that little angel. I hope she gets her black belt soon....

I found this while I was cleaning up the clutter around my computer. I thought that you might appreciate the wisdom in it as well.

1. Make little things bother you. Don't just let them, MAKE them.

2. Lose your perspective on things and keep it lost; don't put first things first.

3. Get yourself a good worry, one about which you cannot do anything.

4. Be a perfectionist, which means not that you work hard to do your best, but that you condemn yourself and others for not achieving perfection.

5. Be right. Be always right. Be the only one who is always right, and be rigid in your rightness.

6. Don't trust or believe people, or accept them at anything but their worst and weakest.

7. Be suspicious. Insist that others always have hidden motives.

8. Always compare yourself unfavorably to others. This guarantees instant misery.

9. Take personally everything that happens to you.

10. Don't give yourself whole-heartedly to anyone or anything.